- car servicing
A guide to contact-free car servicing & repairs
Updated 26 May 2020
Our mission at AutoGuru is to help people better care for their cars, and Aussie car owners trust us to provide the very best car servicing & repairs experiences. So, to provide an even safer and more convenient experience for Aussie drivers, we’ve introduced Contact-Free Car Servicing & Repairs.
What is Contact-Free Car Servicing & Repairs?
It’s the same unbeatable value car servicing and repairs our customers are used to on AutoGuru, but with an added focus on convenience, safety and hygiene.
Mechanics on AutoGuru are going above and beyond to provide the same expert services, with the added benefit of home delivery!
What are the options?
Drop your car off at a workshop
Happy to drop your car off? No problem. AutoGuru has thousands of workshops open for business that are offering contact-free servicing and repairs.
Watch the video for contact-free car servicing & repairs at a local workshop below!
Contact-free Mobile Service
If you’ve got a flat and safe spot, an expert mobile mechanic will come out to you and service or repair your car in a hygienic and safe way, right in your driveway!
Watch the video for Contact-Free Mobile servicing below!
Car pick-up & Drop-off ‘valet’ service
Don’t have a flat driveway and have no time to drop your car off? All good. We have hundreds of fully insured workshops that can pick up your car, drive it to their workshop, service it and drop it back when they’re done.
Watch the video for Pick up and Drop off Valet servicing below!
How do these differ from a standard car service or repair?
These services are all about keeping each other safe and healthy. During your service, you may see your mechanic take the follow steps to ensure safe servicing:
- Avoiding skin to skin contact, such as handshakes
- Washing and sanitising hands on a regular basis
- Wearing gloves in cars
- Disinfecting touchpoints such as door handles and the steering wheel
- Using single-use seat covers
- Encouraging online payments to avoid having to pay in person
- Sanitising keys before and after jobs
Some things you should know
- Please let us know if anyone with COVID-19 symptoms has recently been in your car
- If possible, leave your car in a safe flat place so our mechanics don’t have to move it
- Wipe down contact surfaces with disinfectant and turn off your cars fan if you have time
- For Vehicle pick up and drop off servicing, your car must be driveable and in a roadworthy condition.
Book a Contact-Free Service or Repair on AutoGuru.com.au!
AutoGuru is Australia’s largest online marketplace for booking automotive services.
We’ve got a passion to remove the stress, hassle and ambiguity from booking automotive servicing and repairs, both for the mechanic and the motorist.